Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
If the person who performs the night prayer (Qiyaam ul-layl) (regularly) is not able to do so then (what will happen when he misses it because of oversleeping)
 From Malik from Muhammad Ibn al-Munkadir from Sa’id Ibn Jubair from a man (Aswad Ibn Yazid) who he preferred, that he reported that Aisha, Umul Mu’minin (Radi Allahu Anha) reported that the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said: Any person who offers prayer at night regularly but (on a certain night) he is dominated by sleep then he will be given the reward of praying. His sleep will be a charity for him.”
[GRADING] – [SAHIH]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 1/117 hadith no.254, book 7, chapter 1, hadith no.1), at-Tamhid (12/261), al-Istidhkar: (no.225)
Transmitted by Abu Dawud (no.1314) and Nasa’i (3/257 hadith no.1785) from the hadith of Malik
The man who was preferred is al-Aswad Ibn Yazid and the hadith has a witness.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) The one who has the intention to do good obtains reward for his intentions because actions are based on intentions.
2) It is not established from the Sunnah to pray all night without sleeping for an entire lifetime, rather the opposite is established. See Sahih Bukhari (no.5063) and Sahih Muslim (no.1401)
3) The sleeping, staying awake, eating, drinking and worshiping are counted as good deeds.
4) It is a good thing to talk good about your teacher who has the correct aqidah when he is not present.
5) Saying that an individual prayed the Fajr salah with the ablution done from Esha salah for 40 or 50 years, or an individual who didn’t eat or drink for 12 days, or that a person performed the salah standing on one leg, and other than it are all false and fabricated stories and are rejected because they go against the Quran and Sunnah.