Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
A Warning Against Those Who Delay The Time For Prayer
Al-‘Ala Ibn Abdurahman: One Hadith from Anas, and seven ahadith from his father
 From Malik from Al-‘Ala Ibn Abdurahman (Ibn Ya’qub) that he said, we came upon Anas Ibn Malik (Radi Allahu Anhu) after the Zuhr prayer. He stood for saying the ‘Asr prayer. When he became free from praying, we mentioned to him about observing prayer in its early period or he himself mentioned it. He said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) say: This is how hypocrites pray, this is how hypocrites pray, this is how hypocrites pray: He sits (watching the sun), and when it becomes yellow and is between the horns of the devil, or is on the horns of the devil, he stands up and pecks four times, hardly remembering Allah at all during them.
[GRADING] – [IT’S CHAIN IS SAHIH]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration (1/220 hadith no.515, book 15, chapter 10, hadith no.46), at-Tamhid (20/184, 185) al-Istidhkar (no.28)
Transmitted by Abu Dawud (no.413) from the hadith of Malik and narrated by Muslim (no.622) from the hadith of ‘Ala Ibn Abdurahman.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) One should perform the Asr prayer straight away when the time for it begins. Note that according to the authentically established ahadith the time for Asr begins when the shadow of an object is equivalent in length to it.
2) The hypocrites are those who delay praying the Asr Salah without any good reason from its Sunnah time.
3) One should never leave the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) without any Sharia compliant proof.
4) If (you know that) the Imam (will) pray the Salah late then you should pray it at the early time.
5) An individual can leave praying in the Masjid and pray at home instead based on having a Sharia compliant excuse.
6) The house of Anas (Radi Allahu Anhu) was near the door of the Masjid. See at-Tamhid (20/186)
7) Also see the previous hadith no.122