Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
Prohibition Of Eating With The Left Hand And Dressing Inappropriately
Abu az-Zubair and his name is Muhammad Ibn Muslim: Eight Ahadith. (Muhammad Ibn Muslim narrating) From Jabir there are four ahadith
 From Malik from Abu az-Zubair from Jabir ibn Abdullah as-Sulami (al-Ansari) (Radi Allahu Anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) forbade a man to eat with his left hand or walk in one sandal or wrap a single garment around his drawn-up legs exposing his genitals.
[GRADING] – [SAHIH]
[REFERENCES] – [MUSLIM]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 2/922 hadith no.1776, book 49, chapter 4, hadith no.5), at-Tamhid (12/165), al-Istidhkar: (no.1708)
Transmitted by Muslim (70/2099) from the hadith of Malik and he narrated it (72/2099) from the hadith of al-Laith Ibn Sa’d from Abu az-Zubair.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) The religion of Islam is a complete Religion which contains clear guidance for every aspect of life. Wal-Hamdullilah
2) Shaitan eats with the left hand and this is one of his signs (habits) therefore eating and drinking with the left hand without any Sharia compliant excuse is prohibited in the religion of Islam. One person was eating with his left hand so the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, “Eat with your right hand. That person said with arrogance: I cannot do that, whereupon the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said: May you not be able to do that. After that he could not raise his right hand up to his mouth for the rest of his life. Meaning his right hand became paralaysed. (See Sahih Muslim no.2021, Darusalam numbering no.5268)
3) Islam is the pioneer of modesty and has a strong emphasis towards it. Therefore you should take every step and path whereby you protect your honor and modesty and not become naked and humiliated.
4) It is haram to make yourself naked in front of others without any Sharia compliant evidence.
5) Walking in one shoe is abnormal, does not benefit and is undignified.
6) You should avoid doing those type of actions which are founded on profanity, absurdities and result in bad manners.
7) It is obligatory by ijma to cover your private parts from other people. (at-Tamhid 12/171)
8) It is necessary to follow the commands of the Messenger Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and stop yourself from doing those things which he (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) forbade from. Allah declares in the Quran, “Whatsoever the Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) comes with (and gives you in commands) then follow and take it, and whatsoever he prohibits you from then do not do it” (Surah al-Hashr ayah no.7)