Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Virtue Of Caring About Others
Muhammad Ibn Amr Ibn Halhala: Two Hadith
 from Malik from Muhammad ibn Amr ibn Halhala from Ma’bad ibn Ka’b ibn Malik that Abu Qatada ibn Ribi (Radi Allahu Anhu) used to relate that a funeral procession passed by the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and he said, “One (person) is relieved and the other (person), others are relieved from (him/her).” They said, “Who is the one relieved and the one from whom others are relieved?” He (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, “A slave who is a mu’min is the one who is relieved from the exhaustion and suffering of this world to the mercy of Allah, and a wrong-acting slave is the one from whom people, towns, trees and animals are relieved.”
[GRADING] – [IT’S CHAIN IS SAHIH]
[REFERENCES] – [AGREED UPON]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 1/241, 242 hadith no.574, book 16, chapter 16, hadith no.54), at-Tamhid (13/61), al-Istidhkar: (no.528)
Transmitted by Bukhari (no.6512) and Muslim (no.950) from the hadith of Malik
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) The dunya is not a cosy and relaxing place for the Mu’min, rather it is a prison and death is the news of happiness and comfort.
2) The dunya is the house of difficulties and suffering. The cure for it is the belief in Allah, the Messengers (Alayhimusalam) and the hereafter. This belief creates patience and tolerance in the heart and mind and creates passion towards continuously following the Quran and Hadith.
3) The opponents of the Quran and Sunnah whether they are the disbelievers, transgressors or immoral people, they are the ones who cause widespread oppression, wickedness, killing and disobedience in the dunya.
4) Every Muslim is a well wisher for other Muslims.
5) Every Muslim should always make an effort to give ease, relief and comfort to other Muslims and should never give difficulty to them.
6) Death is also a blessing for the Mu’min because this is when he is relieved from all the difficulties of this world and obtains the comfort of the hereafter. Whilst some people are relieved from oppression and persecution when the disbelievers or wicked people die.
7) The ground is not the only thing which is harmed by the disobedient slaves of Allah rather the plants and animals are also harmed. The death of the disobedient slaves provides relief to the plants and animals.