Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
Saying Labaik Or The Takbir Whilst Going From Mina To Arafat
Muhammad ath-Thaqafi: One Hadith
 From Malik that Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr ath-Thaqafi once asked Anas ibn Malik (Radi Allahu Anhu), while the two of them were going from Mina to Arafa, “What did you use to do on this day when you were with the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam)?” He said, “Those of us who were saying the talbiya would continue doing so, and no-one disapproved of it, and those of us who were saying ‘Allahu akbar’ would continue doing so, and no-one disapproved of that either.”
[GRADING] – [IT’S CHAIN IS SAHIH]
[REFERENCES] – [AGREED UPON]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 1/337 hadith no.760, book 20, chapter 13, hadith no.43), at-Tamhid (13/73, and he said, “This hadith is [Sahih] authentic), al-Istidhkar: (no.710)
Transmitted by Bukhari (no.1659) and Muslim (no.1285) from the hadith of Malik
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) The person performing Hajj reaches Mina (a valley in Maka) on the 8th day of Dhul Hijja. Then on the next day, the 9th of Dhul Hijja, the person performing Hajj goes to Arafat.
2) It is allowed to say the labaik or takbir whilst going from Mina to Arafat.
3) You should not refute other Muslim brothers in things which are allowed in Islam.
4) If you don’t know about particular issues in Islam then you should ask the people of knowledge.
5) The scholars should answer with proofs from the Quran, hadith and Sharia evidences.
6) It is allowed to use the actions that the companions (Radi Allahu Anhum) did in the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) as evidences on the condition that the action does not go against a clear authentic text (evidence).
7) The Talbiya and Takbir should be said in a loud voice whilst performing Hajj or Umrah.
8) It is allowed to use the sayings (Athar) of the Salaf Salihin as proof.