Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Explanation Of Manners Pertaining To A Majlis
Abu Murah: One Hadith
 From Malik from Ishaq Ibn Abdillah Ibn Abi Talha from Abu Murah Mawla of Aqil Ibn Abi Talib informed him, from Abu Waqid al-Laithi (Radi Allahu Anhu) that (he narrated): While Allah’s Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) was sitting in the Masjid with some people, three men came. Two of them came in front of Allah’s Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and the third one went away. The two persons kept on standing before Allah’s Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) for a while and then one of them found a place in the circle and sat there while the other sat behind the gathering, and the third one went away. When Allah’s Messenger(Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) finished his preaching, he said, “Shall I tell you about these three persons? One of them betook himself to Allah, so Allah took him into His grace and mercy and accommodated him, the second felt shy from Allah, so Allah sheltered Him in His mercy (and did not punish him), while the third turned his face from Allah and went away, so Allah turned His face from him likewise. “
[GRADING] – [IT’S CHAIN IS SAHIH]
[REFERENCES] – [AGREED UPON]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration (2/960, 961 hadith no.1857, book 53, chapter 3, hadith no.4), at-Tamhid (1/315) and he said, “This hadith is connected and authentic” al-Istidhkar (no.1793)
Transmitted by al-Bukhari (no.66) and Muslim (no.2176) from the hadith of Malik
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) One should try not to leave from a lecture or class that it is do with the Quran and Sunnah without a Sharia compliant excuse.
2) It is not fardh or wajib to pray 2 rak’ah when entering the Masjid, rather it is Sunnah Mu’akidah.
3) It is Sunnah to sit with the teacher in the Masjid. You should try to sit as close as possible to the teacher. However one should not climb over the necks of people and should avoid giving any difficulty to others rather one should sit where there is an open easy space.
4) It is established to give the salam when joining a Majlis during the lecture or speech whereby even if one person from the Majlis gives a reply it is enough.
5) According to Hafidh Ibn Abdul Bar having shyness from Allah meant that Allah has forgiven him. See at-Tamhid (1/317)
6) There are two points to consider for the meaning of ‘turned his face’: a) Either that person was a hypocrite that’s why Allah was displeased with him and took him away from His mercy. b) That person was an ordinary Muslim and lost out on the reward from the Majlis.