Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Warning Of Taking A False Oath
Ma’bad Ibn Ka’b: One Hadith
 From Malik from Al-‘Ala Ibn Abdurahman from Ma’bad Ibn Ka’b as-Sulami from his brother Abdullah Ibn Ka’b Ibn Malik from Abi Umamah (Radi Allahu Anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, Whoever cuts off (and takes) the right of a Muslim man by his (false) oath, Allah forbids him Jannah and obliges the Fire (of Jahanam) for him.” People asked, “Even if it is something insignificant, Messenger of Allah?” He said, “Even if it is the Arak (the tree of the Miswak – a tooth-stick)” repeating it three times.
The ahadith narrated from ‘Ala (Ibn Abdurahman) are now complete and these are nine ahadith.
[GRADING] – [IT’S CHAIN IS SAHIH]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration (2/727 hadith no.1473, book 36, chapter 8, hadith no.11), at-Tamhid (20/263) al-Istidhkar (no.1396)
Transmitted by Ahmad (5/456 hadith no.24273) from the hadith of Malik, and Muslim (218/137), Darusalam numbering 353) from the hadith of al-‘Ala
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) Taking a false oath and bearing a false witness is a major sin.
2) If Allah wills then He can throw the Muslims who have sinned into Jahanam and if He forgives them then He is the Most Merciful.
3) Oppression and taking someone’s right is haram in all conditions whether it is in big or small amounts.
4) The wealth and life of each Muslim is haram for another Muslim.
5) Islam encourages that there is peace and agreement between Muslims.
6) If an individual does not understand the answer to the question then the individual can ask for further clarity.
7) It is allowed to repeat the answer to the questioner in order to make them fully understand and satisfied.