Compiled, Translated & Annotated
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansari
This is the call of the Salafi’s and the Ahl al-Hadith, that the hadith of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) is above and beyond the statement, opinion and view of any human being ever born on this earth. If this usul of Ahl al-Sunnah is put first and foremost and then everything behind this, it is possible for a person to achieve salvation. There is a clear command from the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) in instructing all of us to transmit and spread ahadith,
From Ubadah ibn Samit (RadhiAllahu Anhu) who narrates in marfu form that the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) said,
“I will tell you a hadith, the one present should transmit/narrate to those who are absent…”
(Musnad al-Firdaws of al-Daylami (1:2:317) from Silsilah Ahadith al-Sahihah (4:298 no.1721) of Shaykh Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani.
Shaikh Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani authenticated this hadith by citing other ahadith with supporting meanings and understanding
Benefits from This Hadith
1. The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) teaching the companions divine texts first and foremost which is evidenced from the words, “I will tell you a hadith..
2. The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) referring to his own words as hadith and thus establishing their validity and authority.
3. Instructions and command to spread the speech and message of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) to others.
4. A group of people should devout time to learn the hadith and then to spread it to the people, i.e. to do dawah
5. The need of those who are absent to listen to the hadith and speech of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam).
There are other enormous benefits we can extract from this hadith. It is an incredible refutation of the orientalists and modern day hadith rejectors who deny the existence and authority of hadith. The second being of those people who devout more than necessary time to understanding fiqh through the positions of the madhabs, when this hadith clearly shows the command and Prophetic instruction to spread and propagate the hadith. We can therefore deduce from this, the great need to refer back to the Prophetic hadith and to spread this in every affair.