Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Urine of an Infant Baby Boy
 And from the same chain of narration from Ubaydillah Ibn Abdullaah Ibn Utba Ibn Mas’ud from Um Qays Ibn Mihsan that she brought a baby boy of her’s who was not yet eating food to the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) and he sat him in his arms and he urinated on his garment, so the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) called for some water and sprinkled over it but did not wash it.
[GRADING] – [SAHIH]
Ibn Shihab clarified hearing (this hadith from Ubaydullah Ibn Abdullah Ibn Utba Ibn Mas’ud) in Muslim (104/287)
[REFERENCES] – [BUKHARI]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 1/64 hadith no.137, book 2, chapter 30, hadith no.109) at-Tamhid (9/108) al-Istidhkar: (no.116)
Transmitted by Bukhari (no.223) from the hadith of Malik and narrated by Muslim (no.287) from the hadith of Ibn Shihab az-Zuhri.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) The hadith (where it says that) water should only be sprinkled over the area where the baby boy, who has not started to eat, has urinated and the area where the baby girl, who has not started to eat, has urinated should be washed is mutawatir. See Nadhmul Mutanathar (no.37)
2) The noble Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) also used to have affection, love and show compassionate behavior towards very small children (babies). Allah the Most High sent him as a mercy to all the worlds. (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam).
3) If an infant baby boy (who is currently suckling) urinates on someone’s clothes or body then it will not be necessary to wash the affected area, rather just sprinkling water over that area will be sufficient. See hadith (no.461) (of this book)
4) A’isha (Radi Allahu Anha) said about the one who is affected by the urine of a small baby boy: it should be sprinkled over. (Musanaf Ibn Abi Shaybah (1/119) hadith (no.1274), and its chain is authentic)
5) Um Qays’s name is Jazamah Bint Wahb Ibn Muhsin (Radi Allahu Anha)
6) There is a consensus that the urine of every person who eats is impure. (at-Tamhid (9/109))
7) Every Qiyas is rejected in comparison to the Quran and Sunnah
8) There is a marfu’ narration from Abus Samh (Radi Allahu Anhu) that the urine of a female should be washed and the urine of a male should be sprinkled over. (Sunan Abu Dawud: (no.376) and its chain is [Sahih] authentic, and Ibn Khuzaimah authenticated it: (no.283) and al-Hakim (1/166), and adh-Dhahabi) Ibn Abdul Bar declaring this hadith to be [Daif] weak is a mistake.