Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Virtue of the Person Who Fasts
 And with the same chain of narration from Abu Hurayrah the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) said, “Whoever hands over two of any type of property in the way of Allah is called to the Garden, with the words ‘O slave of Allah! This is good!’ Whoever is among the people of prayer, is called from the gate of prayer. Whoever is among the people of jihad is called from the gate of jihad. Whoever is among the people of sadaqa, is called from the gate of sadaqa. Whoever is among the people of fasting, is called from the gate of the well-watered. (Bab ar-Rayan).” Abu Bakr as-Sidiq (Radi Allahu Anhu) asked, “Whoever gets called from any of these gates then he does not need anything else after this (meaning he is guaranteed to be paradise and being successful). Can someone be called from all of these gates?” He (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, “Yes, and I hope you are among them.”
[GRADING] – [SAHIH]
Ibn Shihab az-Zuhri clarified hearing (this hadith from Humayd Ibn Abd ar-Rahman Ibn Awf) in Bukhari (no.3666)
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 2/469 hadith no.1036, book 21, chapter 19, hadith no.49) at-Tamhid (7/183), al-Istidhkar: (no.973)
Transmitted by Bukhari (no.1897) from the hadith of Malik and narrated in Muslim (no.1027) from the hadith of Ibn Shihab az-Zuhri.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) The first khalifah without exception is Abu Bakr As-Sidiq (Radi Allahu Anhu) who was the most virtuous, that he will be called to enter Janah from all of its doors (gates).
2) There is a specific gate established for the fasting person due to its virtue.
3) Janah has many (8) gates.
4) It is necessary to have correct beliefs, righteous actions and Allah’s Grace and Mercy in order to enter Janah.
5) One should offer something extremely valuable as an offering to Allah in order to seek his pleasure.
6) One should continuously endeavor to do righteous actions.
7) This Hadith proves the virtue of Struggling (Jihad) in the path of Allah and giving charity.