Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
Disapproval Of Stealing
Chapter of Thaa – One
Thawr Ibn Zaid ad-Dili: One Hadith
 From Malik from Al-‘Ala Ibn Abdurahman from his father and Ishaq Ibn Abdullah that they both heard Abu Hurairah (Radi Allahu Anhu) say that the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, We went out in the company of Allah’s Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) on the day of (the battle of) Khaibar (for Jihad), and we did not get any gold or silver as war booty, but we got property in the form of things and clothes. Then a man called Rifa’a bin Zaid, from the tribe of Bani Ad-Dubab, presented a slave named Mid’am to Allah’s Apostle (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). Allah’s Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) headed towards the valley of Al-Qura, and when he was in the valley of Al- Qura an arrow was thrown by an unidentified person, struck and killed Mid’am who was making a she-camel of Allah’s Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) kneel down. The people said, “Congratulations to him (the slave) for gaining Paradise.” Allah’s Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, “No! By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, for the sheet which he stole from the war booty before its distribution on the day of Khaibar, is now burning over him.” When the people heard that, a man brought one or two Shiraks (leather straps of shoes) to the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). The Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, “A shoe lace of fire, or two shoe laces of fire.”
The first part has now been completed with the aid and support of Allah.
[GRADING] – [IT’S CHAIN IS SAHIH]
[REFERENCES] – [AGREED UPON]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration (2/459 hadith no.1012, book 21, chapter 13, hadith no.25, and with it Sahm A’ir), at-Tamhid (2/3) al-Istidhkar (no.949)
Transmitted by Bukhari (no.6707) and Muslim (no.115) from the hadith of Malik
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) It is known from this hadith that Abu Hurairah (Radi Allahu Anhu) became a Muslim before the battle of Khaibar.
2) The battle of Khaibar occurred in the seventh Hijri year.
3) Some narrators have mentioned the wording of battle of Hunain instead of the battle of Khaibar in this hadith. And Allah knows best.
4) Stealing is Haram. In particular stealing from the war booty wealth is haram and a big sin.
5) Declaring and testifying a specific person as being destined for Jannah without any proof (from the Quran and Hadith) is incorrect.
6) It is allowed to take an oath when it is necessary, rather it is also allowed to take an oath when it is not necessary in which the aim is to put an emphasis on one’s point of view and Allah’s greatness.
7) It is Sunnah to accept a gift on the condition that there are no doubts that it is bribe or that it can lead to other Haram acts.