Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Description Of The Miracles Of The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam)
Ishaq Ibn Abdillah Ibn Abi Talha: Fourteen hadith to him and there are 9 hadith from Anas
 From Malik from Ishaq Ibn Abdillah Ibn Abi Talha from Anas Ibn Malik (Radi Allahu Anhu) he said, I saw Allah’s Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) when the `Asr prayer was due and the people searched for water to perform ablution but they could not find it. Later on (a pot full of) water for ablution was brought to Allah’s (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). He put his hand in that pot and ordered the people to perform ablution from it. I saw the water springing out from underneath his fingers till all of them performed the ablution (it was one of the miracles of the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).
[GRADING] – [IT’S CHAIN IS SAHIH]
[REFERENCES] – [AGREED UPON]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration (1/32 hadith no.61, book 2, chapter 6, hadith no.32), at-Tamhid (1/217) and al-Istidhkar (no.55)
Transmitted by Bukhari (no.169) and Muslim (no.2279) from the hadith of Malik
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) From this [Sahih] authentic hadith it is known that Allah made a miracle occur to His beloved Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) by allowing a spring of water to flow through his blessed fingers. Therefore this hadith is a great proof from the many proofs of the true Prophethood and Messengership of the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam)
2) The distinguishing feature of the people of Iman is that they have full Iman in the Majestic Quran and authentic ahadith and they don’t have any type of doubt. Whilst the distinguishing feature of those who reject the Quran and Sunnah is that they do not have Iman in the Majestic Quran, authentic ahadith and established miracles due to their own so called wisdom. Rather they try to refute and reject them because of their atheistic interpretations and standards of mystical thoughts.
3) An individual should try their best to perform all the apparent causes along with making dua.
4) Allah is the creator of nature and the laws surrounding it. Whenever and whatever He intends to do something, it happens.
5) It is allowed for a lot people to do Wudhu from one vessel.
6) In some authentic narrations it is mentioned that the number of people who did Wudhu was around 70.
7) There are many other narrations which mention the same type of miracle occurring. For example during the pledge of Ridwan Allah allowed a spring of water to flow from a vessel when the the fingers of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) was put inside it and around 1500 companions drank water to their fill. For details see Imam Bayhaqi’s book Dala’il an-Nubuwah.
8) One should exert all effort and strength to find water and perform wudhu with it in order to pray Salah. It is only allowed to perform tayamum when one cannot find water.