Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Virtue Of The Person Whose 3 or 2 Children Have Died
Muhammad Ibn Abi Bakr: One hadith
 From Malik from Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr ibn Amr ibn Hazm from his father from Abu’n-Nadr as-Sulami (Radi Allahu Anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (Sallalhi Wa Sallam) said, “If three of a muslim’s children die, and he remains content with that, they will be a protection for him from the Fire.” A woman who was with the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, “Or two (children die), Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam)?”, and he said, “Or two. (children who die will be the cause of being protected from the Fire)”
[GRADING] – [SAHIH]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 1/235 hadith no.558, book 16, chapter 13, hadith no.39 and with it, “from Abi an-Nadr” and this is the most correct), at-Tamhid (13/86, 87), al-Istidhkar: (no.512)
Transmitted by Abul Qasim al-Jawhari in Musnad al-Muwatta (245/262) from the hadith of Malik
And the hadith has a witnessessing report with Bukhari (no.101) and Muslim (no.2633) etc. and the hadith with it is authentic
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) Abu an-Nadr as-Sulami (Radi Allahu Anhu) was a companion. It is not necessary to know the condition of the companions rather every companion is classed as being trustworthy and righteous.
All the companions are righteous by consensus of Ahlus Sunna wal Jama’a
2) It is not harmful to the authenticity of the hadith if the companion (Radi Allahu Anhu) is unknown.
3) There is a great reward in being patient.
4) Pious children are the cause for parents gaining reward.
5) For a more detailed explanation and further benefits see hadith no.15