Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Soul of a Believer After Dying Will be in Paradise in the Belly of a Bird
Abdurahman Ibn Ka’b Ibn Malik: One Hadith
 From Malik from Ibn Shihab that Abd ar-Rahman Ibn Ka’b Ibn Malik al-Ansari told him that his father, Ka’b Ibn Malik, used to relate that the Messenger of Allah (Sallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, “The Soul of the Mu’min is (in the form of) a bird that sits in the trees of the Garden (Paradise) until Allah returns it to his body on the day He raises him.”
[GRADING] – [SANADAHU SAHIH]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 1/240 hadith no.569, book 16, chapter 16, hadith no.49), at-Tamhid (11/56), al-Istidhkar: (no.523)
Transmitted by Nasa’i (4/108, hadith no.2075) from the hadith of Malik and its chain is [Sahih] authentic and it has an accusation in it without a qadiha. And the hadith is authentic with Tirmidhi (no.1641) and Ibn Hibban (no.734) and it has a witness with Ahmad (6/424,425) etc.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) There is a difference of opinion in the chains of this hadith however this chain is authentic.
2) As the person who is alive flies in the air by using the Aeroplane (perhaps) just like this the soul flies in the air in the form of a bird in Jannah.
It is transmitted in a hadith that, “The souls, of the martyrs live in the bellies of green birds who have their nests in chandeliers hung from the Throne of the Almighty. They eat the fruits of Paradise from wherever they like and then nestle in these chandeliers.” (Sahih Muslim no.1887 [no.4885])
3) Saying that “the dead person receives another body” is completely without proof and is not established from the Salaf al-Salihin.
4) After dying the Barzakh life is true, however we are not conscious of it in this life.
5) The soul does not return to the dead persons body except during the time of questioning in the grave and on the day of judgement the soul will return to the body.
6) Jannah has beautiful trees and lots of fruits.
7) Those who say that “the martyrs and righteous come back into this world after death in bodily form or souls” this saying is without any proof and is false.
8) The commentator of the Quran and Tabi’i Qatadah Ibn Da’amah said, “We have been informed that the souls of the martyrs come in the form of white birds (in Jannah) and eat the fruits of Jannah” (Tafsir Abdur Razaq no.481 and its chain is [Sahih] authentic)