Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Description of Mutah Being Prohibited
Abdullah and Hasan Ibn Muhammad: One Hadith
 From Malik from Ibn Shihab from Abdullah and Hasan, the sons of Muhammad Ibn Ali Ibn Abu Talib from their father (RadiAllahu Anhu) that the Messenger of Allah, (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) forbade temporary marriage with women and the flesh of domestic donkeys on the Day of Khaybar.
[GRADING] – [SAHIH]
Ibn Shihab az-Zuhri clarified hearing (this hadith from Abdullah and Hasan) in Bukhari (no.5115)
[REFERENCES] – [AGREED UPON]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 2/542 hadith no.1178, book 28, chapter 18, hadith no.41) at-Tamhid (10/94) al-Istidhkar: (no.1098)
Transmitted by Bukhari (no.4216, no.5523) and Muslim (29/1407) from the hadith of Malik.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) Taking pleasure from a woman in temporary marital relations is called Mut’at al-Nikah. In the beginning of Islam this was allowed and afterwards it was prohibited forever. Sabrah Ibn Ma’bad al-Juhni (RadiAllahu Anhu) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) said, “O people, I had permitted you to contract temporary marriage with women, but Allah has forbidden it (now) until the Day of Resurrection.” (Sahih Muslim (21/1406 [no.3422])
2) Imam Ibn Shihab az-Zuhri said, “ I haven’t seen any people more similar to the Christians than the Sabiens” The narrator of this Athar Ahmad Ibn Yunus said, “They (the meaning of Sabians here) are the Rafidah” (ash-Shar’iah of al-Ajuri (pg.955) hadith (no.2028) and its chain is [Sahih] authentic)
3) Some scholars did not think that it is haram (to eat the meat of) donkeys because of not having knowledge of this hadith and other authentic Ahadith, therefore this understanding of these scholars is rejected since it goes against the authentic Ahadith.
4) Although the Qur’an doesn’t mention that (eating the meat of) donkeys is haram, it is clearly established from the authentic ahadith that (eating the meat of) donkeys is haram. Apart from Ali (RadiAllahu Anhu), these Ahadith are also established by the following companions in marfu’ form:
Jabir Ibn Abdullah (Sahih Bukhari no.4219 and Sahih Muslim 36/1941) Bara Ibn Azib (Sahih Bukhari no.4266, no.5525, no.5526 and Sahih Muslim 28/1938 [no.5012], Abdullah Ibn Abi Awfah (Sahih Bukhari no.3155, no.5525, no.5526 and Sahih Muslim 26/1937 [no.5010], Anas Ibn Malik (Sahih Bukhari no.2991, and Sahih Muslim no.1940), Abu Tha’labah al-Khushni (Sahih Bukhari no.5527, and Sahih Muslim 23/1936 [no.5007], Abdullah Ibn Umar (Sahih Bukhari no.5521, and Sahih Muslim 24/561 after hadith no.1936 [no.5008], Salamah Ibn Akwah (Sahih Bukhari no.2277, and Sahih Muslim 33/1802 after hadith no.1939, [no.5018], Abdullah Ibn Abas (Sahih Bukhari no.4227, and Sahih Muslim no.1939), al-Hakim Ibn Umar wal-Ghifari (Musnad al-Humaydi with my verification no.861 and its chain is authentic, manuscript of al-‘Adhami no.859), Miqdam Ibn Ma’di Karb al-Kindi (Sunan Abu Dawud no.4604 and its chain is authentic, and Musnad Ahmad 4/131), Abdullah Ibn Amr Ibn al-As (Sunan Abu Dawud no.3811 and its chain is [Hasan] good) RadiAllahu Anhum
These hadith are mutawatir. See Nudhm al-Mutanathir al-Kitani (page 162 hadith no.163)
5) A specific proof is given priority over a general proof.
6) The authentic Ahadith are the explanation and commentary of the Majestic Qur’an.
7) If the tafsir of the Majestic Qur’an is done by leaving the authentic Ahadith and the understanding of the righteous salaf and is explained with language only, poems and the distortions of the rejectors of hadith, then nothing will be obtained except misguidance.
8) The command of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhsi Wa Sallam) is wajib to follow just like Allah’s command is wajib.
9) There are a lot of people in the world who follow their own desires even though they know the authentic proofs.
10) Ali RadiAllahu Anhu is the narrator of temporary marriage being haram therefore those who claim to love him should follow him.