Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Description (Explanation) of the Types of Hajj
 And with the same chain of narration that “We set out with the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) in the year of the farewell Hajj and we went into ihram for Umra. Afterwards, the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) said, ‘Whoever has a sacrificial animal with him should go into ihram for Hajj and Umra together, and he should not leave ihram without leaving ihram for both of them at the same time.’ ” She continued “I was menstruating when I got to Makah, so I did not do tawaf of the House or sa’i between Safa and Marwa. I complained to the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) and he said, ‘Undo your hair and comb it and leave the Umra and go back into ihram for the Hajj.’ “She said, “I did so, and when we had completed the Hajj, the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) sent me with Abd ar-Rahman ibn Abu Bakr as-Sidiq to at-Tan’im and I performed an Umra and he said, ‘This is in place of your Umra.’ ” “Those who had entered ihram for the Umra did tawaf of the House and sa’i between Safa and Marwa, then left ihram. Then they did another tawaf after returning from Mina for their Hajj, whereas those who entered ihram for the Hajj or combined the Hajj and the Umra, only did one tawaf.”
[GRADING] – [SAHIH]
Ibn Shihab (narrates with) anana and he followed Hisham Ibn Urwa in Bukhari (no.1786) and Muslim (115/1211) and Qasim Ibn Muhammad narrates from A’isha (Radi Allahu Anha), see al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 1/410,411 hadith no.951 and its chain is authentic)
[REFERENCES] – [AGREED UPON]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 1/411,410 hadith no.951, book 20, chapter 74, hadith no.223 and with it (the words): and wamtashiti (and I combed it)) at-Tamhid (8/198), al-Istidhkar: (no.892)
Transmitted by Bukhari (no.1556) and Muslim (111/1211) from the hadith of Malik.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) Acting upon the three types of Hajj: Ifrad, Qiran and Tamat’u is completely correct. (at-Tamhid (8/205)) It is established from an authentic hadith of Sahih Muslim (no.1252) that the Hajj Ifrad will continue until the day of judgement. Also see as-Sunan al-Kubra of al-Bayhaqi (5/2) therefore saying that Hajj Ifrad is abrogated [mansukh] is false. Note: It is established from authentic narrations [Ahadith] that the most virtuous type of Hajj from the three types according to the most correct opinion is Hajj Tamat’u.
2) There is only one Tawaf (the tawaf which is done with the House of Allah in the beginning) in the Hajj Qiran and Hajj Ifrad whilst the person doing Hajj Tamat’u has to perform two Tawafs along with Qurbani. The more the actions which are sunnah (that are done) the more reward is given.
3) It is not allowed to perform the tawaf and sa’i in the state of menstruation.
4) There is ijma that the person doing Umra should first do tawaf of the House of Allah then do the sa’i of safa and marwa. See at-Tamhid (8/216) except when the person reaches Makah on the night of Arafah so in this condition he will go to Arafat first so that (a great pillar of) Hajj is not left.
5) The menstruating woman who’s Umra is wajib (obligatory) on her, can go to Tan’im to perform Umra.
6) Tan’im is a place at Makah Mukaramah where today it is called Masjid A’isha. Some people perform optional Umrah from here whereby there is no proof from the authentic Ahadith and sayings of the salaf salihin. Also see hadith (no.39)