Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
Wearing a Wig is Prohibited
 And with the same chain of narration that Mu’awiya Ibn Abu Sufyan said from the minbar in the year that he performed the Hajj, holding a lock of hair which he took from one of his guards and said “People of Madinah! Where are your learned men? I heard the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) forbid the like of this, saying, ‘The Bani Isra’il were destroyed when their women started to use this.’”
[GRADING] – [SAHIH]
[REFERENCES] – [AGREED UPON]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 2/947 hadith no.1829, book 51, chapter 1, hadith no.2) at-Tamhid (7/216), al-Istidhkar: (no.1765)
Transmitted by Bukhari (no.3468) and Muslim (no.2127) from the hadith of Malik.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) Opposing Allah and His Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) is a cause for destruction.
2) If the actions of the people of Madinah are against the book (Quran) and Sunnah then they are not proof.
3) Malik Ibn Abu Amir al-Asbahi al-Madani (a major tabi’i) said, “I recognise nothing nowadays of what I saw the people (i.e. the companions of the Messenger, (Sallalahu Alayhi Was-Sallam) doing (in accordance to the book [Qur’an] and Sunnah) except the call to prayer.” (Muwatta Imam Malik Yahya’s narration (1/72) hadith (no.152) [and its chain is authentic])
4) Wearing a wig is prohibited.
5) It is an obligatory responsibility of the scholars to command the good and forbid the evil.