Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Virtues Of Madina
Muhammad Ibn al-Munkadir: Three Ahadeeth
And the fourth is not mentioned in this chapter
 from Malik from Muhammad ibn al-Munkadir from Jabir ibn Abdullah (Radi Allahu Anhu) that a Bedouin took an oath of allegiance in Islam with the Messenger of Allah, (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). A fever befell the Bedouin at Madina. He came to the Messenger of Allah, and said, “Messenger of Allah, release me from my pledge.” The Messenger of Allah, (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam), refused. Then he came to him again and said, “Release me from my pledge.” The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam), refused. Then he came again and said, “Release me from my pledge.” He refused. Then he came again and said, “Release me from my pledge.” He refused. The Bedouin left and the Messenger of Allah, (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam), said, “Madina is like the blacksmith’s furnace. It removes the impurities and purifies the good.”
[GRADING] – [IT’S CHAIN IS SAHIH]
[REFERENCES] – [AGREED UPON]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 2/886 hadith no.1704, book 45, chapter 2, hadith no.4), at-Tamhid (12/223), al-Istidhkar: (no.1634)
Transmitted by Bukhari (no.7211) and Muslim (no.1383) from the hadith of Malik
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) The noble Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) used to also take the oath of allegiance for Islam, obligatory matters, conditions, Hijra and other than it. See at-Tamhid (12/224)
2) In Islam there is only proof of 2 types of pledging the oath of allegiance A) Pledging the oath of allegiance to the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) B) the pledge of allegiance to the Khalifa
apart from these 2 there is no proof for a 3rd type of pledge of allegiance like following the path of the sufi shaikh or made up paper organisations.
3) Madina is a virtous city and the ordinary people who live there are better than other people.
4) It is fardh to follow the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam), and the one who rejects in following him (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) is an evil person.
5) It is established from mutawatir ahadith that Madina is a forbidden sanctuary.