Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
Beginning From The Right Side Whilst Distributing Something
[No.3] And with the same chain of narration that, “The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhee Was-Sallam) was brought some milk which was mixed with well-water. There was a Bedouin at his right side and Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq (RadhiAllaahu Anhu) on his left. He drank and then gave it to the Bedouin and said, “The right-hand to the right-hand.”
[GRADING] – [SAHEEH]
Ibn Shihaab az-Zuhree clarified (hearing this hadeeth from Anas (RadhiAllaahu Anhu)) in Bukharee (no.2352)
[REFERENCES] – [AGREED UPON]
al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration (2/926 hadeeth no.1787, book 49, chapter 9 hadeeth no.17) at-Tamheed (6/151) and al-Istidhkaar (no.1720)
Transmitted by Bukharee (no.5619) and Muslim (no.2029) from the hadeeth of Maalik.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADEETH]
1) It is allowed to put water in milk for your own drinking, however selling this (by deceiving people and showing it) as being only milk is not allowed
2) The person who gives others to drink can drink himself first.
3) If you are to give food and drink as a gift to other people then you should begin with the (those people on the) right side.
4) Accepting a gift is Sunnah on the condition that there is no valid excuse legislated in the Sharee’ah preventing it.
5) Drinking milk is Sunnah and it is an excellent food (diet) for giving good health and energy