Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
A True Good Dream Is 1 of 40 Parts Of Prophethood
Zufar Ibn Sa’sa’ah: One Hadith
 From Malik from Ishaq Ibn Abdillah Ibn Abi Talha from Zufar Ibn Sa’sa’ah Ibn Malik from his father from Abu Hurairah (Radi Allahu Anhu) that when the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) finished the dawn prayer, he would ask: Did any of you have a dream last night? And he said: All that is left of Prophecy after me is a good vision.
[GRADING] – [IT’S CHAIN IS SAHIH]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration (2/956, 957 hadith no.1847, book 52, chapter 1, hadith no.2), at-Tamhid (1/313) al-Istidhkar (no.1783)
Transmitted by Abu Dawud (no.5017) from the hadith of Malik and al-Hakim authenticated it (4/390, 391) and adh-Dhahabi agreed with him.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) There are 40 parts to Prophethood. After the death of the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) only 1 part remains and that is the dream of a pious person which is to give glad tidings to that person. From this it is known that the doors to kashf and ilham have been closed until the day of judgment. Therefore now there will be no kashf or ilham to anyone from the Ummah. In one authentic narration it is mentioned that the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa sallam) said, “The Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, “Amongst the people preceding you there used to be ‘Muhaddithun’ (i.e. persons who can guess things that come true later on, as if those persons have been inspired by a divine power), and if there are any such persons amongst my followers, it is `Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radi Allahu Anhu).” (Sahih Bukhari no.3469)
From this hadith it is known that no one from this Ummah obtains obtain Ilham. Also see hadith no.121 and no.375
2) It can be asked to the people “Did any of you have a dream?”
3) The interpretation of dreams which the noble Messengers did are absolutely and definitely correct. The interpretation of dreams done by people from the Ummah is speculative and not definitely correct which cannot be fully trusted or relied upon.
4) It is mubah to talk after the Fajr Salah before the sun rises.
5) It is allowed for the teacher to educate people about a matter through questioning them himself.
6) After the death of Muhammad (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) the chain of Prophethood and Messengership been cut off forever therefore no more Messengers or Prophets will be born.