Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
The Tawaf Will Begin From The Hajri Aswad (Black Stone)
 From Malik from Jafar ibn Muhammad from his father that Jabir ibn Abdullah (Radi Allahu Anhu) said, “I saw the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) hastening from the Black Stone until he reached it again, three times.”
[GRADING] – [IT’S CHAIN IS SAHIH]
[REFERENCES] – [MUSLIM]
Al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration 1/364 hadith no.827, book 20, chapter 34, hadith no.107), at-Tamhid (2/68), al-Istidhkar: (no.775)
Transmitted by Muslim (235/1263) from the hadeeth of Maalik
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1) There is a consensus that the Tawaf starts from the black stone. Then you go anti-clockwise with the maqam of Ibrahim on your right hand side and the Ka’bah on your left hand side. It is sunnah to run on the first three circuits and then to walk in the remaining four circuits.
2) It is from the sunnah to kiss, touch or say Bismillah Allahu Akbar and points towards the black stone.
3) It is not allowed to perform the tawaf backwards or clockwise.
4) During the farewell Hajj the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) performed Ramal in the first three circuits, meaning that he walked really fast almost like running (brisk walking) and at that time none of the polytheists from Makkah were present therefore Ramal is sunnah until the day of Judgement.
5) There is a consensus that the women will not perform Ramal during the Tawaf rather they will walk normally in all seven circuits of Tawaf.
6) If an individual is not able to perform Ramal then no dam (compensation) is obligatory for them to do and if they are unable to do Ramal because of not having enough free space then there is no sin upon them.
7) The Ramal starts from the black stone and finishes at the black stone (i.e. one full lap). The Ramal (from the black stone) till the Yemeni corner is for the weak only.