Itihaf ul-Basim Fi Tahqiq Muwatta al-Imam Malik [Talkhis al-Qabisi] Riwayah Abdur Rahman ibn al-Qasim
Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
It is not allowed to be angry (at your Muslim brother) for more than 3 days – Condemning Anger and Jealousy
[No.4] And with the same chain of narration that, “The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhee Was-Sallam) said, “Do not be angry with each other and do not envy each other and do not turn away from each other, and be slaves of Allah, brothers. It is not halal for a Muslim to shun his brother for more than three nights.”
[GRADING] – [SAHEEH]
Ibn Shihaab az-Zuhree clarified (hearing this hadeeth from Anas (RadhiAllaahu Anhu) in Bukharee ()
[REFERENCES] – [AGREED UPON]
al-Muwatta (Yahya’s narration (2/907 hadeeth , book 47, chapter 4 hadeeth ) at-Tamheed (6/115) and al-Istidhkaar ( )
Transmitted by Bukharee () and Muslim ( ) from the hadeeth of Maalik.
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADEETH]
1) It is haraam for Muslims to hate, be jealous and boycott each other. However from other proofs it is established that if there is a valid excuse legislated in the Sharee’ah then boycotting can be done. It is compulsory to have enmity, hate and boycott (the beliefs of) the disbelievers, mushriks, the people of innovation and misguidance and those who reject Islam which has been established from other proofs. In fact rather sometimes you can also boycott a sinful Muslims (who call towards and openly sin).
2) You are allowed to be envious of righteous deeds and to be competitive in doing them.
3) 3 noble companions stayed behind in the battle of Tabuk without a valid excuse legislated in the Sharee’ah so they were boycotted for 50 days. (See Surah at-Tawbah ayah (118) Saheeh Bukharee () and Saheeh Muslim ( )
4) Umar (RadhiAllaahu Anhu) said about those who denied Qadr (ie the people of innovation): “I am free from them and they are free from me. (Saheeh Muslim (no.8), Darussalam (numbering) ()
5) Ibn Umar (RadhiAllaahu Anhu) refused to reply to the salaam to a person of innovation. (See Sunan at- Tirmidhee () and its chain is [Hasan] good and Tirmidhee said, “This hadeeth is [Hasan Saheeh] good authentic”)