Tahqiq, Takhrij, Sharh
Muhadith Zubair Ali Zai
Translated Abu Ubaydah
Translated, Checked & Additional Notes
Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari
Hadith Number 11
The Virtue Of Umar Ibn al-Khattab (Radi Allahu Anhu)
al-Masha’ikh as-Sulaha al-Musnadun Abu Abdullah Muhamad Ibn Badr Ibn Muhamad Ibn Ya’ish al-Jazari, and Abul Abas Ahmad Ibn Shaiban, and Abul Fadl Ismai’l Ibn Abi Abdullah Ibn al-Asqalani, and Zainab Bint Ahmad Ibn Kamil informed us and read it and i heard it in Sha’ban in the year 675 Hijri in Qasyun that they all said: Abu Hafs Umar Ibn Muhamad Ibn Tabarzad al-Bagdadi read it and informed us and we heard it that: Abul Qasim Abdullah Ibn Ahmad Ibn Abdulqadir Ibn Yusuf, and Abu Mansur Abdurahman Ibn Muhamad Ibn Abdilwahid al-Qazaz, and Abul Fath Abdullah Ibn Muhamad Ibn Muhamad [Ibn] al-Baidawi read it and informed us and i heard it that they all said: Abu Ja’far Muhamad Ibn Ahmad Ibn Muhamad Ibn al-Maslama  al-Mu’adil informed us that: Abu Tahir Muhamad Ibn Abdurahman Ibn al-Abas al-Mukhalis informed us that: Abul Qasim Abdullah Ibn Muhamad Ibn Abdilaziz al-Bagawi informed us that: Abdullah Ibn Muti’ narrated to me that: Ismai’l Ibn Ja’far narrated to us that: al-Bagawi said that, Salih Ibn Malik narrated to me, Abdulaziz Ibn Abdullah narrated to us that: al-Bagawi said that: my grandfather narrated to me that: Yazid Ibn Harun narrated to us that: all of them: from Humaid: from Anas Ibn Malik (Radi Allahu Anhu) that the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said,
“I entered Paradise and it was as if I was in a palace of gold. So I said: ‘Whose palace is this?’ They said: ‘A youth’s, from the Quraish.’ So I thought that I was him. I said: ‘And who is he?’ They said: “‘Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radi Allahu Anhu).”
and the wording is of Ibn Muti’
he died in the month of Sha’ban in the year 675 Hijri
[GRADING AND REFERENCES] – [SAHIH]
Hafidh Ibn Taymiyyah narrated this Hadith from the chain of Abu Tahir Muhammad Ibn Abdurahman al-Mukhlis and this Hadith is present in al-Mukhlisiyat (volume 3 pg.143 Hadith no.2179)
Also see Tarikh Dimishq of Ibn Asakir (44, 145-146) and al-Mukhtara (6, 89-90 Hadith no.2070 – no.2072)
Also Tirmidhi (no.3688 and he said: Hasan Sahih), Ahmad (3/107 hadith no.12046) and Ibn Hibban (no.6848) have narrated it and other than them. Additionally there are other chains and witnessing reports (for this Hadith) which is present in Kitab ul-Arbain with my Tahqiq (the original manuscript copy 23-24), however there is no need for the witnessing reports because this chain is authentic by itself – Wal Hamdulilah
 In the original it is “al muslim” which has been corrected using the manuscript
[UNDERSTANDING FROM THE HADITH]
1. It is established from this Hadith and other mutawatir proofs that Umar Ibn al-Khattab (Radi Allahu Anhu) is a person who will obtain Janna.
2. The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam) didn’t have knowledge of the unseen and neither knew about the past or future himself. Rather he only knew what Allah had told him through revelation.
3. This incident is of a dream and the dreams of the prophets (Alayhimusalam) are true.
4. It is not Taqlid to ask about something which you don’t know.
5. If you don’t have knowledge about a particular thing then you should ask the relevant person who has knowledge of it.
6. It is not necessary that every scholar has knowledge of everything all the time.
7. Allah has already made janna and has it prepared for His slaves
8. Those who say that janna hasn’t been made yet goes against this Hadith and this saying is not from Ahlus sunnah rather it is from ahlul bida’h
9. The ahlul iman will receive established and permanent blessings along with palaces of gold, silver, diamonds and jewellery in the hereafter – Insha Allah
10. Those who think bad things about Umar (Radi Allahu Anhu) or say bad things about him are misguided and are severe people of bida’h
11. Even if a person who will go to janna dies in this world as an old person, they will enter janna in the peak of their youth.
12. See Hadith no.4 for the biography of the narrator.